Property investment paradise: a weekender in Koh Samui
Let us now all bask in the consideration of a Koh Samui weekend retreat… Those endless, island-dotted sea views. Betel leaf-wrapped snacks washed down by poolside Aperols. Long weekends evolving into a sun-drenched retirement plan.
And all of it just a couple of hours from Singapore.
Here are three Koh Samui weekenders slash strategic property investments to whet your appetites…
Thong Krut (South-West Samui) villa for sale
One of the top properties on the island, this extraordinary villa combines opulent facilities with laid-back local design in an unbeatable setting looking out over the sea.
The huge 103,000 sqft estate commands panoramic views across the water to neighbouring islands, and offers exceptional landscaping along with a pool and tennis court, as well as a dining pavilion.
The seven-bedroom main building is a showstopper, with highlights including a sumptuous master suite, large top-floor office with distracting views, spa and hammam, and this unbelievable “night club” with bar and elevated DJ booth…
Additional facilities include:
- Wine cellar
- TV room & games room
- Commercial kitchen
- All the carp ponds you could ask for
It’s set back from the Thong Krut coastline, a 20-minute drive from the larger towns of Lamai and Nathon. And it’s yours for US $9.51m.
Samujana luxury villas, Choeng Mon (North-East Samui)
Where the infinity pools meet the sea… The Samujana collection offers 24 villas designed within an inch of their lives – and entirely to die for.
Set on the sublime Choeng Mon coastline, a mere 10 to 15 minutes from the airport, Samujana marries surprisingly private living and entertaining areas with the level of service associated with higher-end rentals.
- One to eight bedroom villas
- What are lushly described as “oversized” infinity pools
- Designed by Gary Fell of Gfab Architects
- Some villas include water features, gym and home theatre
Laem Sor (South Samui) villa for sale
Everything in Samui is a-perch one hillside or another, but this stunning six-bedroom villa is enjoys a south-facing headland – which implies not only the obligatory, sweeping sea views, but also an enviable privacy with not a soul in sight.
Laem Sor is an exclusive area combining magnificent views with golf courses and the like, and this particular headland is largely owned by a local temple, ensuring a minimum of future development.
- Six double bedrooms all with ensuite
- Freehold (Chanote) plot occupying 24,500 square feet
- 10,904 square feet of luxury living space
- US $3.5m negotiable
SOLD: Laem Set (South Samui) villa estate
And for reference only as this property recently transacted…
Less a villa and more an estate, this stunning Laem Set property takes in an astonishing 10,000 square metres of beachfront land, including a 180-metre beach frontage scattered with Samui’s signature water-etched rocks.
Set within a gated estate, the Asian-inspired architecture features century-old teak shingles and a Balinese temple building, surrounded by lush greenery and granite outcrops. And yes, endless sea views.
- 7 bedrooms; 6 bathrooms
- Numerous living and entertaining areas including “the Octagon” pavillion
- Established rental villa with rates up to $2,650 / day
- Asking US $5.75m
Where to next
- Take the island vibe home with some Balinese style to steal;
- Discover the epic, mountain-meets-the-sea views of the Hawkes Bay, New Zealand property market and the old mansion houses of the Devonshire countryside;
- Or swing back into city living at these ultimate Singapore CBD condos.