Property investment paradise: a weekender in Koh Samui
Let us now all bask in the consideration of a Koh Samui weekend retreat… Those endless, island-dotted sea views. Betel leaf-wrapped snacks washed down by poolside Aperols. Long weekends evolving into a sun-drenched retirement plan.
And – unlike our recent Escape to the Bahamas – all of it just a couple of hours from Singapore.
Here are three Koh Samui weekenders slash strategic property investments to whet your appetites…
Laem Sor (South Samui) villa for sale
Everything in Samui is a-perch one hillside or another, but this stunning six-bedroom villa is enjoys a south-facing headland – which implies not only the obligatory, sweeping sea views, but also an enviable privacy with not a soul in sight.
Laem Sor is an exclusive area combining magnificent views with golf courses and the like, and this particular headland is largely owned by a local temple, ensuring a minimum of future development.
- Six double bedrooms all with ensuite
- Freehold (Chanote) plot occupying 24,500 square feet
- 10,904 square feet of luxury living space
- US $3.5m negotiable
Samujana luxury villas, Choeng Mon (North-East Samui)
Where the infinity pools meet the sea… The Samujana collection offers 24 villas designed within an inch of their lives – and entirely to die for.
Set on the sublime Choeng Mon coastline, a mere 10 to 15 minutes from the airport, Samujana marries surprisingly private living and entertaining areas with the level of service associated with higher-end rentals.
- One to eight bedroom villas
- What are lushly described as “oversized” infinity pools
- Designed by Gary Fell of Gfab Architects
- Some villas include water features, gym and home theatre
Laem Set (South Samui) villa estate
Less a villa and more an estate, this stunning Laem Set property takes in an astonishing 10,000 square metres of beachfront land, including a 180-metre beach frontage scattered with Samui’s signature water-etched rocks.
Set within a gated estate, the Asian-inspired architecture features century-old teak shingles and a Balinese temple building, surrounded by lush greenery and granite outcrops. And yes, endless sea views.
- 7 bedrooms; 6 bathrooms
- Numerous living and entertaining areas including “the Octagon” pavillion
- Established rental villa with rates up to $2,650 / day
- Asking US $5.75m
Where to next
- Take the island vibe home with some Balinese style to steal;
- Discover the epic, mountain-meets-the-sea views of the Hawkes Bay, New Zealand property market and the old mansion houses of the Devonshire countryside;
- Or swing back into city living at these ultimate Singapore CBD condos.