Condo Insider: The Meyerise smashes views, facilities and proximity
One of the standout condos on the East Coast, but still incredibly central, The Meyerise on Meyer Road is a good-looker. We’re impressed by the lush landscaping, resort-style pools and light-filled apartments with spectacular water and city views.
With just two towers, it’s an intimate property with premium facilities, and perfect for those who want their space, both at home and when enjoying the grounds. Families will love the generous apartments, pool and playground; professionals will appreciate central location and quick ride to the CBD. You’ll be at work in just 15 minutes by car.
The Boulevard brief
- Neighbourhood: Mountbatten/Marine Parade
- Developer: Hong Leong
- Launched in: 2014
- Storeys: 31
- Number of towers: 2
- Total apartments: 239
About the apartments
The Meyerise has 2 bedroom – 4 bedroom apartments and, of course, the penthouses.
- 2 bedrooms: 872-883 sqft
- 3 bedrooms: 1281-1302 sqft
- 4 bedrooms: 1819 sqft
- 4+ study: 2056-2013 sqft
- Penthouse: 5382 sqft
Living here has its perks…
Stacks 1 and 2 in Tower 93 enjoy the best views over East Coast Park and its greenery to the water from just about every room and city views from the balcony. Tower 97 enjoys sweeping views of the island.
An uncrowded property:
Even during sunny weekends, the pool area is never too crowded and you can always find one of the sun loungers to kick back in.
Beautiful landscaping with tropical greenery and palm trees contributes to the resort-style atmosphere of this property.
Apartments in the Meyerise are tastefully designed with marble floors and bathrooms, and generous built-in wardrobes in each room. Bedrooms are light and bright, thanks to super-sized windows.
The kitchen is designed with a clean look: expect concealed fridges, soft-close cabinets and drawers. Keen cooks will love the gas burners; keen drinkers will love the built-in wine fridge.
This is a relatively new condo at under five years old, and is ageing well.
It’s the little things:
Lifts open directly to your apartment lobby. Nice touch.
The most stunning feature is the sun-drenched pool area, with ample seating and resort-style swimming pools with fountains and jacuzzis.
Let’s talk about those five pools:
- Swimming pool (surface area approx. 480 m2)
- Fun pool with fountains (surface area approx. 75 m2)
- Shallow children’s pool (surface area approx. 50 m2)
- Chaise pool (surface area approx. 55 m2)
- Jacuzzi pool (surface area approx. 50 m2)
- Poolside change rooms and showers
- Children’s playground
- Tennis court
- Function room
- Three barbecue areas; one poolside and two overlooking the pool
- Underground car park with 250 spots
What’s in the neighbourhood?
East Coast Park:
The Meyerise is a few steps away from an underpass that takes you directly to scenic East Coast Park: one of Singapore’s most popular outdoor destinations for joggers, cyclists and families enjoying the beach and barbecue areas. Stroll a little further down to Parkland Green for its collection of cafes and restaurants such as Atmosphere Bistro and Sandbank with great outdoor dining areas.
East Coast Road:
East Coast Road has evolved into a buzzing strip of restaurants, cafes and services such as nail salons, day spas and hairdressers. Katong icons 328 Katong Laksa (possibly Singapore’s most famous laksa restaurant) and Kim Choo (famous for its kueh, kaya jam and rice dumplings) are East Coast Road highlights.
Surrounding malls and shopping centres:
- i12 Katong (for Marketplace)
- Katong V (for FairPrice Finest)
- Katong Square
- Katong Shopping Centre
- Parkway Parade (for Cold Storage)
- Roxy Square
- The Flow: opening soon
Is it well connected?
The Meyerise is a 7-minute walk to the bus stop on Mountbatten Road, with regular buses to the CBD that involve a 20-minute commute.
Construction for the Katong Park MRT station servicing the Thomson East Coast line is currently underway on Meyer Road. This line will open in stages from 2019.
Where to now?
- Review the Meyerise’s future neighbours: these jaw-dropping District 15 new builds;
- Step inside Spottiswoode Residences condo with our knowledgeable (and lightly voyeuristic) review; turn back the clock with the wonderfully retro Balmoral condo review; or get the scoop on the Rivergate condo;
- Discover Singapore’s leafiest streets (including Broadrick Road, round the corner from The Meyerise condo);
- Get the pros and cons of high-rise vs low-rise condos.