Condo Insider: Spottiswoode Residences ups the District Two ante
Singapore’s District Two is many things – rollicking cocktail scene, rising gastronomic capital, and so on – but home to a generous selection of enviable residences, it is not. Especially once you get a few steps out of the city and into the Neil Road area.
Spottiswoode Residences is an exception. It must be one of the largest and best-equipped plots within a 20-minute saunter from Amoy Street.
(See our CBD condo review for a two-minute perimeter.)
The Spottiswoode Residences scene
This is a young professional paradise. Modern apartments. Epic city and water views. All the facilities you could ask for – plus an astroturfed “folding lawn” you probably didn’t ask for.
The two swimming pools are nothing short of indulgent – along with a kiddie pool complete with slide for visiting nephews and nieces and the odd, hot-to-trot young family. While the main pool could certainly use a few more lounge chairs (what is it with the scarcity of poolside furniture in these large condos?) there’s a generous grassy embankment on one side that’s perfect for spreading out a towel and catching some rays.
Additional facilities include:
- Teppanyaki dining area on Level 2
- Private dining space on Level 10
- A “wellness level” all the way up on 22 with rainforest shower, massage pavilion, sky gym and jacuzzi
Step inside the Spottiswoode Residences condo
The apartments themselves are bright, modern and kitted out. Expect top-of-the-line kitchen appliances (albeit BYO dishwasher), and ensuites in the larger configurations.
On the menu:
- 1 Bedroom: 590–640 sqf
- 2 Bedrooms: 860–970 sqf
- 3 Bedrooms: 1,400 sqf
- Penthouses: 2,200–3,000 sqf
(It’s worth noting that floorspaces include the balconies, and indeed the three-bedder might be in the running for Singapore’s largest balcony.) Higher floors enjoy stunning views over both the city and the sea, including the fascinating if soon to be former port.
Spottiswoode Residences Condominium fast facts
- Neighbourhood: Neil Road
- Launched: 2014
- Towers: 1
- Storeys: 36
- Apartments: 351
- Developer: UOL Development
- Tenure: Freehold
Where to now?
- Speaking of inner-city condos, One Shenton is a stunner.
- Skip across to District Nine, and the forthcoming, breath-taking Martin Modern condo;
- Or step back in time with our Condo Insider: The Balmoral edition.
- Further afield (albeit just a 15-minute drive into town), The Meyerise condo in Katong ticks all the amenities and swish interiors boxes.
- But before you press go on any of these options, our high rise vs low rise condo guide is a must.