Range Rover Sport delivers a new era of sporting luxury
In the hotly contested world of luxury SUVs, staying ahead of the crowd takes tenacity in design and innovation. The third-generation Range Rover Sport is an SUV that manages to excel in this area while also possessing a trait that most of its competition can’t counter: a bona fide off-roading heritage spanning more than 50 years.
It’s this intangible reputation for taking on Mother Nature’s playground that has made the Range Rover name an icon in its segment. And today, that name is once again fortified with the latest Range Rover Sport, the British marque’s most desirable, advanced and dynamically capable creation yet.
A design lesson in elegant versatility
On the surface alone, the Range Rover Sport exudes an impeccable aesthetic. Its modernist philosophy takes a reductive design approach which faithfully emphasises the Range Rover Sport DNA. This comes through in the muscular stance that channels power and agility, but also blends seamlessly with elegant touches.
The sculpted exterior is detailed with exquisite finishes such as a stealth-inspired front grille and digital LED lighting units, which create a distinctive Daytime Running Light (DRL) signature. The front fascia is further highlighted by a double-aperture lower bumper incorporating a horizontal bisecting body-colour element that creates greater visual width, enhanced by black detailing.
The rear utilises this same formula by showcasing a sculpted tailgate with a full-width feature bearing the Range Rover script. Uninterrupted LED light graphics introduce surface LED technology to a production vehicle for the first time, providing a crisp and contemporary look at night that is both vivid and consistent when viewed from any angle. To drive home the ‘Sport’ element, the company has fitted the longest spoiler to ever grace a Range Rover model.
If that’s not enough sporting pedigree, customers can opt for the bolder Dynamic model which adds Satin Grey alloy wheels, Satin Burnished Copper finishes for the bonnet louvre, side ingots and front grille, and Range Rover lettering finished in Matte Graphite Atlas. The Dynamic model also amps up the drama with unique front and rear bumpers and bespoke lower cladding finished in body colour.
Dynamic luxury defined
Luxury begins with the driver and extends to occupants who enter the Range Rover Sport’s exquisite new cabin. The interior design cocoons the driver in a sweeping console and fast-angled dashboard, finished with the finest modern materials including sustainable Ultrafabrics. This of course is flanked by the latest in intuitive technology designed to elevate the driving experience as well as the journey. And there are plenty more key luxury appointments that can be found in the new Range Rover Sport:
- Unique textile option that extends to the dashboard and door detailing is also available. Alternatives include luxurious grained, Windsor or soft Semi-Aniline leather options.
- 22-way adjustable, heated and ventilated electric memory front seats with massage function and winged headrests. These seats afford a 31mm increase in legroom and 20mm greater knee clearance, for greater comfort and support.
- Next-generation Cabin Air Purification Pro to create and maintain the perfect driving environment as well as a second device fitted to the second row to provide consistent air quality throughout the cabin.
- Advanced CO2 Management function allows owners to purify the cabin before a journey, or while they are driving to ensure increased alertness for every drive, and enhanced wellbeing for all occupants.
- Seamless technology: 13.1-inch curved touchscreen for award-winning Pivi Pro infotainment is complemented by intuitive 13.7-inch Interactive Driver Display, with Software Over The Air
- Wireless convenience: New Range Rover Sport is ready to go at a moment’s notice, with Wireless Apple CarPlay®, Wireless Android Auto™ and 15W Wireless Device Charger
- Integrated audio speakers, developed with Meridian and hidden behind the textile of the rear doors, contribute to the clean, crisp and modern aesthetic.
- Optional Meridian Signature Sound System that is the most advanced and powerful audio system ever fitted to a Range Rover Sport. Its breathtaking sound experience is achieved using 29 speakers, a new subwoofer and up to 1,430W of amplifier power – including four headrest speakers that enable those travelling in the four main seats of the vehicle to experience personal sound zones.
- Next generation Active Noise Cancellation reduces the effect of road and tyre noise entering the cabin for ultimate cabin refinement
- Instinctive user convenience in the form of Deployable Door Handles with Proximity Sensing, Soft Door Close, Approach Unlock and Automated Walkaway Lock.
The Range Rover Sport looking at home at Petit Jervois condo, Singapore
Driven by the driver
As the world enters a transitionary period between internal combustion and electric powered automobiles, powertrain options can be a polarising topic. That’s why Range Rover is ensuring that customers will be given the full suite of powertrain options to choose from to suit their specific needs. The Range Rover Sport will come in various specifications: S, SE, HSE and Autobiography. These models will come equipped with powerful and efficient powertrains which includes six-cylinder extended range Electric Hybrids, a powerful new twin turbo V8 and mild hybrid six-cylinder petrol and diesel Ingenium engines. A fully electric-powered Range Rover Sport is set to be introduced in 2024 as part of Land Rover’s electrification journey.
Driving dynamics are plentiful in the Range Rover Sport with features such as Dynamic Air Suspension – a Range Rover first designed to deliver ultimate agility, control and composure on any surface. Other innovative driving aids include Stormer Handling Pack, Terrain Response and Digital vision for heightened visibility.
This entire package will ensure that the Range Rover Sport will be an engaging proposition on every single journey.