Beach Road – Bugis condos for sale
District 07 new launches
Across the pond from the CBD, the Beach Road – Bugis area is buzzing… louder than ever. Since the URA dropped its master plan for the Ophir-Rochor Corridor in 2008, this corner of the Downtown Core has been pulling out all the stops.
Long known for its culture and connectivity, developers are now buying up blocks and buyers are queuing around them – literally, in the case of The M’s recent launch.
Where to live in Beach Road – Bugis
District 07 is home to some of Singapore’s most iconic architecture and jaw-dropping dropping amenities. Here are the area’s top new launches and completed condos…
Beach Road condo video tour
Step inside the top new launch and completed condos on the market in the Beach Road – Bugis area.
New launch condos in Beach Road – Bugis
With two massive upcoming developments in this area, GuocoLand is playing a key role in the transformation of the Beach Road – Bugis area. Look at the game-changing Midtown Bay: when complete in 2022, it will be 950,600 sqft mixed-use development with Grade A offices, high-end residences, social and networking areas, public spaces and dining and retail.
What’s to love about Midtown Bay:
– Location! Downtown Core, right next to South Beach and across the road from Suntec City mall on Nicoll Highway
– A mixed-use development of epic proportions with 219 homes, 770,000 sqft of Grade A offices, 170,000 sqft of public space, 80,000 sqft of a members-only social club at Midtown Hub and landscape and 33,000 sqft of retail space
– Flexibility to turn homes into urban concept SoHo (Small Office, Home Office) units
– High-end interiors by local design star Peter Tay, with luxury appliances from the likes of V Zug, Axor and Liebherr
– Extensive facilities including a 40m lap pool, sky terrace, gardens, 100m jogging trail through a bamboo grove, events terrace and more
– Culture soaking: hop away from several museums, galleries, heritage hotels and Kampong Glam
– MRT hotspot: walking distance to three MRT stations (Bugis, City Hall and Esplanade) that serve four lines
– Number of units: 219
– Tenure: Leasehold
– Pricing: From $2,808 psf
The transformational “Midtown” project by GuocoLand will see two adjoining sites on Beach Road completely re-imagined to provide world-class professional living, integrated offices, and onsite shopping and dining. Midtown Modern is the larger of the two residential offerings, and features larger-format 3br, 4br and penthouse apartments, as well as good-sized 1br and 2br units.
What’s to love about Midtown Modern:
There is a truly rare level of green space and extraordinary amenities for the prime District 07 area. Facilities include multiple pools, tennis court, lawns, as well as an astonishing 3.8ha of gardens.
– Number of units: 558
– Tenure: Leasehold
– Pricing: From $1.1Xm
Prime location, competitive prices and minutes from all sorts of amenities, The M has an awful lot going for it. Little wonder then, that it sold more than 360 apartments in its launch weekend (22-23 February).
What’s to love about The M condo:
– Location, of course! It’s diagonally opposite the National Library Building on Middle Road
– The condo comprises three 20-storey towers and a 6-storey tower, all of which sit on top of commercial units
– Strong on facilities, which include a 50m starlight pool, a sky terrace with jacuzzi pool, a clubhouse, wellness areas and more
– Homes and facilities to be outfitted with smart home features
– Number of units: 522
– Tenure: Leasehold
– Pricing: From $1,8XX psf
Completed condos in Beach Road – Bugis
Completed in 2014, Concourse Skyline sits across the road from Nicoll Highway MRT (Circle Line) and shares space with the iconic Concourse office tower designed by American architect Paul Rudolph. Choose from 360 units with a 99-year lease and D07 postcode.
Breathtaking views aside, the Concourse Skyline comes with full-fledged condo facilities including a 50m lap pool, clubhouse, BBQ corner, spa pool and such. Oh, and one of the most extraordinary penthouse apartments in Singapore.
This area really is home to some of the icons of Singapore architecture. One of our favourite clusters has to be I. M. Pei’s The Gateway, the wonderfully art deco Parkview Square, and – since its completion in 2017, the magnificent Duo Towers.
There are 660 units across 49 storeys at Duo Residences, featuring one- through to four-bedroom units and penthouses. Homes here boast top-line facilities, a herb garden and floral walk, and Haji Lane as your backyard.
South Beach Residences
CDL’s South Beach Residences, completed in 2016, defines the Beach Road – Bugis skyline. Not only is it lovely to look at, it’s extraordinary to look out from, with unique views back onto Marina Bay and the CBD, taking in Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands and all the way out to the Singapore Strait.
There are 190 luxury units sitting atop the five-star J. W. Marriott hotel, with units ranging from two to four bedrooms as well as three to five bedroom penthouses.
Standout facilities include an infinity pool with perhaps the best view in Singapore, gym, private dining suites, and – love this – golf club storage in the basement carpark.
– Number of units: 190
– Tenure: Leasehold
– Pricing: From $2,816 psf
More on the Beach Road – Bugis area
– Live work play: A business hub in its own right, the Beach Road – Bugis area is expanding its residential portfolio, and has a lot to say in the drinks, dining and nightlife departments
– Culture hit: From the heritage of Raffles Hotel and Chijmes to the street cred of Kampong Glam, not to mention the wowfactor of Esplanade
– Views galore: …of the Marina Bay area, and Singapore Strait beyond, Kallang River, Tanjong Rhu, and of course the CBD itself
– Booming property scene: From the glamorous South Beach Residences to the forthcoming Midtown Bay and The M, this is one hot hood
Things to do in Beach Road – Bugis
– Explore the cultural precinct of Kampong Glam and spend Friday nights at Haji Lane
– Go shopping at Bugis Junction, Bugis+ and other stores in the vicinity; other malls including Suntec, Marina Square and Funan are also close by
– Get your fill of art and culture at the National Museum, Malay Heritage Centre, Singapore Art Museum (currently closed for renovation) MINT Museum of Toys, The Parkview Museum
– Pop over to Chijmes, a convent and girls’ school turned lifestyle plaza with eateries, bars and cafes
– Bibliophile will love the National Library, Singapore’s largest library
– High-tea at Raffles Hotel, anyone?
– Catch an indie movie at The Projector
Is the Beach Road – Bugis area well connected?
As a sort of extension of the CBD, this district is as well connected as it gets. Three MRT stations service this area: Bugis (Downtown Line and East-West Line), City Hall (North-South Line and East-West Lines) and Esplanade (Circle Line), essentially covering four lines and almost the entirety of Singapore.
Plus, the upcoming Central Area Underground Pedestrian Network (Singapore’s future-proofing subterranean gambit!) will greatly benefit this part of town.
Connect with an agent
Get the latest pricing and availability, brochures, market appraisal, or book your viewing at the stunning show suites of the Beach Road area’s new launch and completed condos.
More luxury new launch condos
The Singapore luxury property market has a wealth of desirable homes across completed developments and newly launched condos.
Tanjong Pagar / CBD:
– Wallich Residence (right)
– The Reef at King’s Dock (below right)