Pullman Residences condo review: the five-star life
Let’s cut to the chase: Pullman Residences is not a cosy, affordable, cookie-cutter condo development. This is one of just four branded residences in the country, and it acts like it: big on services, with bold, luxurious interiors designed to impress, plus exclusive Accor privileges and a coveted freehold address.
And all that comes at a cost: Pullman Residences is perhaps the most expensive new launch on the market in District 11, on a psf basis. That said, there’s obviously a premium for freehold tenure, and equally for the trust, service and global appeal of a five-star branded residences. Also, the 1br offers an attractively low entry quantum.
And while the unit sizes are relatively small (far smaller than its branded peers at the Ritz-Carlton Residences et al), they’re space efficient and tailored to entertainment, with wide, light-filled frontages and wow interiors. And: far less expensive than said peers.
Branded residences are on trend around the world, and this could bode well for price appreciation as well as rental yield. And why not – with Platinum Accor group privileges on offer, one of the top positioned developments with a rare level of service and a prime location in District 11.
And that location on the site of the former Dunearn Gardens – District 11 doesn’t get any better. It’s not merely a questions of prestige; Pullman Residences is directly opposite Newton MRT station, and a minute’s walk to Newton Food Centre. Moments to both Scotts Square and Orchard Road, as well as United Square and Velocity, with a host of top schools and amenities nearby.
We’re quite taken with this one. It has a lot of appeal – and the showflat is simply stunning and well worth a visit. While it’s pricey, it just doesn’t seem to command the psf premium you might expect of the fourth branded residence in Singapore.
The Boulevard Brief
– Who it’s for: Those who want all the trimmings: a service and amenity-rich development that will impress your guests.
– What’s to love: Design build by local architects ADDP, knockout interiors and a prime location close to everything.
– What’s not to love: Space. There’s not a great deal on offer. But the layouts are efficient and the shared amenities more than generous.
– How much it will set you back: The 1br units starts from $1.23m, and the 2br from $1.72m at a psf of $2,580.
– Our pick of the crop: The three bedroom plus study – it’s hard to imagine a better use of 1,281 sqft.
– Standing out from the crowd: Platinum Accor group privileges turned our head. But also: that location a block away from Newton Food Centre.
Skip ahead to the unit mix, facilities, and floorplans
Pullman Residences key info
- District: D11
- Area: Newton
- Address: 18 Dunearn Road, 309421
- Completion: 2022
- Developers: EL Development
- Tenure: Freehold
- Number of units: 340
- Towers: 1 with 30 storeys
Pullman Residences unit mix & listings
Taking over the site of former Dunearn Gardens in Newton, Pullman Residences offer small-format 1 and 2 bedroom units, as well as space-efficient 3br, 3 plus study and 4br apartments.
|Unit type||Area (sqft)||Volume|
|3 bedroom plus study||1,281||29|
|4 bedroom||1,378 – 1,389||29|
Pullman Residences floorplans
Pullman Residences 1 bedroom units
Pullman Residences 1 bedroom unit highlights
- 108 units spread across four stacks, all offering 463 sqft
- Includes four penthouse units on the top floor of each stack boasting 4m-high ceiling
- Open-plan living and dining area
- Designer open kitchen featuring Gaggenau cooktop
- Attractively priced especially as an investment quantum, starting from $1.234m, comparable to Kopar at Newton which is priced at $1.2Xm for 517 sqft
- A high-end pad in perhaps the most service-rich development in D11
Pullman Residences 2 bedroom units
Pullman Residences 2 bedroom unit highlights
- 116 units spread across four stacks, all offering 667 sqft
- Includes 4 penthouses with 4m ceilings and 2 ground floor apartments with a private enclosed area
- Contemporary and bold interiors meet a comfortably sized layout
- Open kitchen with those designer appliances
- Good-sized master with ensuite
- Look out for starbuy units in this format – the starting price psf of $2,580 already feels reasonable for a luxury branded residence in D11
Pullman Residences 3 bedroom units
Pullman Residences 3 bedroom unit highlights
- 58 units at 1,163 sqft, including a ground floor residence with additional private enclosed space and two penthouses
- Private lift lobby
- Love the breakfast bar
- Great open-plan living-dining with dry kitchen and good-sized balcony
- Enclosed wet kitchen fitted with premium appliances including a dishwasher
- Storeroom / maid’s room and service entrance
- A rare, high-end entertainer’s 3br apartment that’s equally space efficient
Pullman Residences 3 bedroom with study units
Pullman Residences 3 bedroom with study unit highlights
- Just one stack of 29 units at 1,281 sqft, including 1 penthouse with 4m ceilings
- Fantastic wide frontage where all the bedrooms face out
- Space-efficient “dumbell” layout with a private junior master on one side of the apartment
- Study or informal tv room allows for a more formal living-dining
- Knockout dry kitchen with breakfast bar and Gaggenau appliances
- Priced from $3.58m, this is a hugely attractive upgrade on the 3br at $3.23m
Pullman Residences 4 bedroom units
Pullman Residences 4 bedroom unit highlights
- The flagship offering at 1,378 – 1,389 sqft, with 29 units including one ground-floor with p.e.s. and one penthouse with 4m-high ceilings
- Love that luxe, entertainer’s area, from the long breakfast bar in the dry kitchen to the open living-dining and wide balcony
- Bedroom 3 has the flexibility to knock through this wall to create a more open and spacious family or tv room
- Master suite includes a spacious ensuite with bathtub
- Large wet kitchen and maid’s room with window, plus service entrance
Pullman Residences interiors
Bold, rich and contemporary in design, this branded residence makes a big first impression. Deep blacks, greys and dark wood tones are offset with patterns and metallic inlays. Self patterned marbles, textured surfaces and moody wallpapers further create an atmosphere of sophistication.
There is a deliberate ambition to impress with these interiors – those appliances on display, such as the induction hob and oven, are by Gaggenau, whereas those that are tucked away (fridges, and in the 3br upwards, dishwashers) are by Bosch.
Likewise, the breakfast bars, which EL Development and ADDP Architects have managed to fit into the 3br and above. The available space is decidedly slanted towards entertaining, but also help – with the wet kitchen and maid’s room with window featuring in the 3 and 4 bedders.
We’re especially keen on the rare formats: eight penthouse apartments boasting 4m-high ceilings (the rest offer 2.875m). And then there are the four ground-floor apartments, featuring a private enclosed space and additional entry point through the patio with easy access to condo amenities.
Pullman Residences facilities
The amenities were always going to impress in a branded offering from the house of Accor, the French multinational hospitality company. The concierge services are a big part of the attraction here – complete with a club lounge, doorman, and options for housekeeping or laundry.
Pullman Residences facilities include:
- Grand arrival
- The Verandah with teppanyaki grill
- Garden courtyard and “Aroma trail”
- Party lawn and playground
- Recreational tennis court and half basketball court
- Pool deck
- 50m lap pool, kid’s pool, wellness pool
- Jacuzzi and aqua gym
- Club lounge and dining pavilion
- Gym and steam room
To add to that, homeowners also receive a membership in the Accor Ownership Benefits Program – essentially granting you and the family exclusive VVIP status anywhere in the world.
Some of the benefits include:
- Platinum status in Accor Live Limitless loyalty program – guaranteed room availability up to two days prior to arrival, executive lounge access and more
- 20% off best rate at over 4,000 Accor hotel and resorts worldwide
- Room upgrades
- VIP reservation desk
- Special benefits at select Accor hotels in Singapore and the upcoming Pullman Singapore Hill Street
Pullman Residences location
Of course, it sits on a prime property on Dunearn Road in Newton. EL Development handpicked a plot that’s not only ultra-convenient but also enjoys the peace and quiet of Newton. The apartments either face captivating city views or overlook the landed estates towards Bukit Timah Hill.
When complete in 2022, the exclusive Pullman Residences will stand close to the popular Newton Circle roundabout.
You know what that means – the Newton MRT Interchange is merely a 2-minute walk away from the condo. The North-South Line goes to Orchard Rd (1 stop), Dhoby Ghaut (3 stops), City Hall (4 stops) and Raffles Place (5 stops). Then there’s the Downtown Line that will have you at Little India (1 stop), Bayfront (5 stops) and Downtown (6 stops) in no time. And when you want to escape it all, Singapore’s UNESCO Heritage site – Botanic Gardens is only 2 stops away!
Foodies, you’ll never have to travel too far to satiate a craving. The iconic Newton Food Court is just a 10-minute stroll or 2-minute drive away! All the glitz and glam of Orchard Road is merely 1 MRT stop or 3-minute drive from home too.
Got kids? Prestigious schools and pre-school like Eton House Preschool, Chatsworth International School, Anglo Chinese School (Primary & Junior), ISS International School and Saint Joseph Institute are all in the vicinity or a short drive away.
Plus, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Singapore’s largest hospital specialising in healthcare for women and children, is 5 minutes away. And the upcoming Health City Novena set to be completed in 2030 will bring the best healthcare services to your backyard.
Where to now?