Country estate, Ranelagh Rd, Southern Highlands
First built as a gentleman’s retreat and then converted into a boarding school, the property, known as ‘Knoyle Estate’, is steeped in rich history. Designed by British architect Maurice Adams, the home was built in the Queen Anne style with influences of Gothic Revival and the Arts and Crafts style. The property is just a short drive to the town of Bowral.
- 8 grandly proportioned living rooms open to sun-drenched verandahs & garden settings
- Impressive entrance leading to a vast hall with sweeping cantilevered cedar staircase
- Features original timber flooring & Australian cedar joinery
- Detailed plaster arches and impeccably designed bay windows
- Hydronic heating, full brick throughout, 13ft ceilings
- Spacious country kitchen with adjoining scullery & informal sitting room
- One of the oldest gardens in Burradoo, with rare imported European exotic specimen trees
Besides the main house, the estate also has several buildings that can be used as guest houses or as an additional source of income.
- Previously used as a stable, The Mews has been fully restored and is now a three-bedroom and two-bathroom home that has excellent character
The Old School House:
- Georgian-style kitchen
- Four-bedrooms with three bathrooms
- Featuring eight rooms, this building can be used for additional accommodations or modified into a large meeting room
Book your private viewing or live tour of this rare and exceptional estate.
Luxury properties for sale in Australia
Cabarita Rd, Avalon Beach, NSW 6 br | 17,610 sqft POA
3 Calabash Road, Arcadia, NSW 5 br | 11 sqft $8,000,000 AUD
4 Ranelagh Rd, Burradoo, NSW 30 br | 5 sqft $12,000,000 AUD