Wallich Residence condo review: The height of luxury and exclusivity
Wallich Residence, set within the iconic Guoco Tower, is one for the books. You can spot it from miles away. The tallest tower on the island, this landmark mixed-use development looms over Singapore’s Central Business District.
With residences starting where most condos end, on the 39th floor, it’s a home in the clouds.
Needless to say, it doesn’t come cheap – Wallich Residence is among the more expensive condo properties in Singapore. But the attractions are many: perhaps the best address in the CBD, unique island-wide views, spectacular facilities.
Let’s take a tour.
The Boulevard Brief
– Who it’s for: Those who want nothing but the best – and want it right in the CBD.
– What’s to love: The fabulous Tanjong Pagar location, six-star hotel-like amenities and unblocked views that will never get old.
– How much it will set you back: The average price psf for the last two years is $3,433.
– Our pick of the crop: This high-floor 2.5br apartment. A great layout with no lost space meets jaw-dropping views.
– Standing out from the crowd: There’s nothing quite like the $73.8 million super penthouse that made world news. We’re also crushing on this last new penthouse that’s still up for sale.
Skip ahead to the unit mix, facilities, and floorplans
Wallich Residence key info
- District: D02 CBD
- Area: Tanjong Pagar
- Address: 3 Wallich St, Singapore 078882
- Completion: 2016
- Developer: GuocoLand
- Tenure: 99-year Leasehold
- Number of units: 181
- Towers: 1 tower (mixed-use development)
Wallich Residence unit mix
There are eight units types to choose from. Notably, the lion’s share of units are 3br – 75 in total.
In a league of their own are the five penthouses (four penthouses and one super-penthouse). Everyone knows the triplex super-penthouse on the topmost floors has ‘Dyson’ on the letterbox. But the next best thing is up for grabs – there is one last new 4-bedroom penthouse listed on the market for $19.28 million.
|Unit Type||Area (sqft)||Volume|
|1 bedroom||614 – 646||36|
|2 bedroom||861 – 1,098||29|
|2 bedroom + study||1,259||4|
|3 bedroom||1,098 – 1,787||75|
|4 bedroom||1,658 – 1,991||24|
|4 bedroom + study||1,981 – 2,034||8|
But first… let’s talk about Guoco Tower. The iconic mixed-use development in Tanjong Pagar houses Sofitel Singapore City Centre hotel, Grade A offices, shops, restaurants, MRT station and of course, Wallich Residence. The exclusive collection of apartments starts from the 39th floor and goes all the way up to the 64th – so every single unit enjoys rarefied views.
Wallich Residence floor plans
Let’s take a look at the original floor plans of GuocoLand’s Wallich Residence. Note that these refer to only one layout per unit type, for convenience’s sake.
Skip ahead to the floorplans:
The 1 bedroom units
Ranging from 614 – 646 sqft, the 1 bedroom units are more spacious than some new condos. Considering the biz district location, these units have strong rental potential.
The 2 bedroom units
The 2 bedroom units, ranging from 861 – 1,098 sqft, are well positioned to attract foreign buyers, investors and city-dwelling professionals.
Wallich Residence’s 2 bedroom unit highlights:
- Sleek pied-à-terre with jaw-dropping views
- Spacious master bedroom, rare for a 2br unit
- Stylish kitchen island doubles up as a breakfast bar
The 2 bedroom + study units
These 2-bedroom + study units are rather rare (only 4 of these in the unit mix). Luckily, we’ve got one listed – and it’s on a high floor! At 1,259 sqft, this apartment comes with a large open-plan living area with dining, kitchen and a partially-enclosed study.
Wallich Residence’s 2 bedroom + study unit highlights:
- Large, liveable layouts with great use of space
- Fabulously large living-dining served by the open kitchen
- Unusually large and luxurious master suite for a 2br, with dual wardrobes and room for a sofa
The 3 bedroom units
There are 75 family-friendly 3-bedroom units, ranging from a comfortable 1,098 sqft to a premium 1,787 sqft. And there’s availability at both ends of the spectrum.
At 1,098 sqft, this happens to be the lowest priced 3-bedroom unit at $3.76 million. Here, the open-plan living room takes over an entire section of the house and includes a dining area that comfortably seats six.
Then there’s the sprawling 1,787 sqft premium 3-bedroom unit. Priced at $5.28 million, this new apartment is an entertainer’s dream. We love the corner living-dining that maximises views, as well as the corner master bedroom.
The 4 bedroom units
The 4 bedroom units span 1,658 – 1,991 sqft – and certainly make an impression. On offer is a 4 bedroom conversion that’s been adapted to a more spacious 3 bedroom layout featuring an indulgent master suite with parents’ retreat.
Wallich Residence’s 4 bedroom unit highlights:
- Love those corner rooms with sweeping views
- Open-plan kitchen spilling into the entertainer’s living-dining
- Roomier and welcoming bedrooms
- Sumptuous master bedroom suite
The 4 bedroom + study units
Wallich Residence’s 4 bedroom + study unit highlights:
- 2,034 sqft of impeccable luxury
- Ready-to-move-in, fully-furnished unit
- Stunning master suite with a study or parents’ retreat
- Linear kitchen with Gaggenau appliances
- Laundry yard, pantry and utility room
The penthouse units
Nothing spells luxury like a penthouse atop the tallest tower in town. There are only four 3,509 sqft ultra-luxe penthouses – and only one of them is still for sale at $19.28 million.
Wallich Residence’s last new penthouse unit highlights:
- Trophy home on the 60th floor
- Brand new, fully furnished, ready to move in
- The four penthouses share a lift for their exclusive use
- 4 bedroom conversion offering 3 indulgent ensuite bedrooms including an indulgent master suite
- That priceless living-in-the-clouds feeling…
Wallich Residence facilities
This is no ordinary condo, and the developer GuocoLand went all out with the facilities too. Despite the downtown location in a massive mixed-use tower, the condo’s communal spaces are generously proportioned and expectedly ritzy.
Life looks pretty good on level 39, where a glimmering infinity pool lets residents float 180 metres over the city. It’s right up there as one of the best condo pools in the country. Pick a cabana and never leave!
Private soirees are a treat, especially when Wallich’s many dining rooms (casual and formal) have hotel-grade interiors and wrap-around views. At 220 meters, there’s a networking suite, theatrette, sky garden, library and a gourmet dining room.
And at the “Apex” on level 62, a cantilevered observation deck (with glass flooring!) offers unrivalled view of – everything.
Wallich Residence pricing
You don’t need us to tell you that ALL this comes at a cost. The average sale price psf, per URA data from the last 2 years, $3,433.
That said, it’s an iconic building with unique drawcards, and there’s significant rental potential given its location alone, with larger-format apartments going for north of $7 psf, and 2 bedrooms achieve over $10 psf.
|Last 2 years’ transactions|
|Price range||$1.98m – $17.5m|
|Price psf range||$2,987 – $4,987|
|Average sale price||$4.03m|
|Average price psf||$3,433|
|Number of transactions||58|
|Rental range (monthly)||$4,800 – $14,500|
As you’d expect, Wallich Residence leads the field when it comes to ultra-luxury city area condos.
|Project||Av. Price||Av. Psf||Av. Area|
|Marina One Residences||$3.21||$2,464||1,282|
|V on Shenton||$2.77||$2,396||1,186|
Yes, it’s the highest price psf in the area. Why wouldn’t it be for the pinnacle of luxury living?
Where to next?