Where to live in Singapore: Robertson Quay
It’s hard to beat Rob Quay’s bragging rights to idyllic riverside living minutes from the city centre.
Up river from Singapore’s nightlife central Clarke Quay, it gets increasingly chill by the time you reach Robertson Quay, with its peaceful, family-friendly feels, cafes, bars and restaurants by the river, and upscale grocers and malls.
There’s a strong lineup of condos in the area that are oldies but goodies that still attract a following. And developers are more than making up for a bit of a pause in new condos with the launch of several luxury builds including The Avenir, Martin Modern, Rivière, as well as more boutique projects such as The Iveria.
5 reasons to love the Robertson Quay area:
– Village-y and cool: Laidback, relaxed and friendly, Rob Quay is big on the community life and riverside respite – all within 5 mins of the CBD and Marina Bay area.
– So hip: From heritage warehouses turned five-star hotels and iconic bridges to wine bistros and brunch spots, the neighbourhood has it all.
– Track record: Lined with trees for miles in either direction, the riverside offers the perfect jogging trail, bike track or slow walks after long brunches.
– Booming property scene: There’s a lot to choose from and something for everybody, whether your tastes run to river views, lush landscaping, total luxury or design-forward chic.
– In demand: With its proximity to the city and forthcoming MRT connectivity, it’s hard to imagine this area going out of fashion.
Is the Robertson Quay area well connected?
This centrally located D09 neighbourhood is a 5-minute drive to the Central Business District and the Beach Road – Bugis business hub. Close enough for that dream bike or jog to work, or a 30-minute walk.
Is there an MRT nearby? Not yet. The Great World MRT and Havelock MRT stations for the Thomson-East Coast Line are underway. Once complete, commuting from this area to the CBD and even East Coast will be a breeze.
Where to live in Robertson Quay?
This side of town has been abuzz with several new builds. Apart from the upcoming projects, Rob Quay also has its share of fairly new and not-so-old condominiums too.
- The Avenir by Hong Leong and GuocoLand (new launch condo)
- The Rivière by Frasers Property (new launch condo)
- Martin Modern by GuocoLand (new launch condo)
- The Iveria by Macly Group (new launch condo)
- Rivergate by Capitaland
- UP@Robertson Quay by CDL
- The Wharf Residence by Capitaland
The Avenir by Hong Leong and GuocoLand
The most spacious new launch in Robertson Quay, The Avenir is a rare freehold condo by renowned developers Hong Leong and GuocoLand.
The Avenir highlights
– We’ll say it again: As of now, it’s the most spacious new launch condo in this area.
– That pedigree though: High-end developers Hong Leong and GuocoLand collaborated with renowned architects studioMilou (of National Gallery fame).
– It’s not just the large-format floorplans: There’s also the 3.2m-high ceilings.
– Low-density living for the win: Just 376 residences on a site zoned for more than 600.
– The unit mix ranges from 527 sqft, 1 bedroom units through to 2,411 sqft, 4 bedroom plus family room, featuring extensive entertainment areas and an outsized kitchen.
– All apartments are fitted with high-end V-Zug appliances and Axor and Antonio Lupi bathroom fittings.
– 75% of the site is dedicated to amenities and landscaping including a 50m lap pool and a tennis court (a rarity in River Valley).
The Avenir unit mix and listings
Rivière by Frasers Property
There’s nothing quite like it: When complete, Rivière will sit on a rare plot where the shimmering river wraps around on three sides. Designed by SCDA Architects, this new launch condo offers river views from every apartment. Yes, even the 1 and 2 bedroom units <insert gasp here>.
– Can’t and won’t stop raving about the site that’s right next to Jiak Kim Bridge on the river, an unrivalled spot.
– What does a 270-degree water frontage really mean? Well, everyone gets a view of the river.
– Larger format apartments with one or two balconies, private lift lobby and sleek Poggenpohl kitchens with Gaggenau appliances.
– The site includes three heritage warehouses that will host retail and F&B offerings including a specialty grocer.
– Resort-style amenities include a riverside swimming pool, rooftop dining pavilion, spa, lawns as well as concierge, laundry and housekeeping services.
Rivière unit mix and listings
Martin Modern by GuocoLand
Rob Quay’s future landmark Martin Modern is a masterpiece of landscaping and design. A GuocoLand development designed by ipli Architects, it takes elegant living and green spaces to a whole new level.
Martin Modern highlights
– Expect nothing less than the best: luxurious interiors, district views, 3.2m-high ceilings.
– Luxe x lush: a never-before-seen level of landscaping. We’re talking 15 gardens including a rain walk, maze, rooftop escapes and bamboo grove.
– Exceptional use of space to maximise the liveable areas, including 3 and 4 bedroom units with views on either side of the apartment.
– Fabulous location at the centre of the Robertson Quay action.
Martin Modern unit mix and listings
The Iveria by Macly Group
This boutique condo is the maiden project by The Ove Collection by Macly Group. With just 51 apartments across 18 floors, this development is tailor-made for millennials.
The Iveria highlights
– A design-forward residence featuring concrete walls and glass-encased wardrobes.
– Rooftop infinity pool with a great view of the city and Marina Bay Sands.
– All 51 apartments are 3 bedroom units with contemporary open-plan layouts.
– Enclosable balconies for more usable space.
– Surprisingly low maintenance fees at $350-$450
– Top-notch interior fittings: Gaggenau kitchen appliances and Dornbracht bathroom fixtures.
The Iveria unit mix and listings
Rivergate by CapitaLand
Rivergate occupies an enormous site right on the riverfront, offering a rare level of resort-like amenities with an unrivalled Rob Quay location.
– Spacious apartments, most of which enjoy views of the river and city.
– Freehold legacy homes with an enviable location.
– Its gorgeous pool found its way onto our best pools in Singapore roundup for a reason.
– Wins big when it comes to amenities: 2 tennis courts, a basketball court and golf simulator.
– There’s also a large lawn between the three towers for family picnics and playing catch. Plus, a BBQ deck and playground for the kids.
The Wharf Residence by CapitaLand
Shophouse heritage meets condo amenities and convenience in this unique development by CapitaLand.
The Wharf Residence highlights
– Best of both worlds: Apart from the four towers, it also features gorgeous shophouses with high ceilings and sprawling floor plans.
– Just 186 units with a 999-year leasehold.
– All the condo amenities including a lap pool, spa pool, BBQ pit, gym etc.
– Plus, one helluva sky terrace with 270-degree views.
UP@Robertson Quay by CDL
Completed in 2016, UP@Robertson Quay is a mixed-use development housing designer hotel M Social Singapore as well as 70 apartments.
UP@Robertson Quay highlights
– Smaller-format condo meant for young couples and professionals.
– Amenities include a 30m lap pool, aqua gym, yoga deck and more.
– 1-, 1+1 and 2-bedroom units, some with a 7.2m ceiling and loft design.
– Units with a study are conducive to a work from home routine.
Is it a family-friendly neighbourhood?
Despite its CBD-fringe location, Rob Quay is an idyllic enclave that’s perfect for families. The riverside lifestyle is all about waterfront cycling and jogging trails, eateries along Mohamed Sultan Road, alfresco brunches at the Quay, chilled out sundowners and otter spotting. While there are some malls nearby (the revamped Great World City and Valley Point), Singapore’s shopping mecca Orchard Road is also a quick drive away.
Plus, there are several schools nearby, namely Chatsworth International School’s primary years campus, River Valley Primary School, Alexandra Primary School etc.
Where to next?